Samsung Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs and initiatives are facilitated through the Sustainability Management Council, which consists of 14 related departments that handle issues from 10 different areas, including society and the environment.
Samsung Global Code of Conduct is based on the following principles:
- Compliance with laws and ethical standards
- Maintenance of clean organizational structure
- Respecting customers, shareholders and employees
- Caring for the environment, health and safety
- Being socially responsible corporate citizen
CSR aspect of the business is managed by Samsung CSR Committee. The company releases Supplier Responsibility Progress Report annually and it includes the details of CSR programs and initiatives engaged by the company. Samsung Electronics addresses CSR aspects of the business in four directions: social contributions, green management, health and safety and sharing growth.